Renfrew County Virtual Triage & Assessment Centre
"Clinical Assessment Centre"
24/7 support during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Clinical assessment centres can assess, test, and provide treatment options for people who know or suspect they have COVID-19 and who meet certain criteria.
If you have a health concern (including COVID-19) call your family physician first.
If you do not have a family physician or nurse practitioner or cannot access your family physician or nurse practitioner,
Call VTAC at 1-844-727-6404
for support from medical receptionists, physicians and community paramedics.
*It is helpful to have your Ontario Health Card ready when you call.
Who should visit a clinical assessment centre?
You should book a clinical assessment if you know or suspect that you have COVID-19 and you:
- have been directed by your primary care provider or other health care professional; or
- are unable to safely monitor your symptoms at home; or
- are at higher risk of severe illness, including:
- immunocompromised individuals aged 18 and over regardless of vaccine status
- unvaccinated individuals aged 60 and over
- unvaccinated First Nation, Inuit and Métis individuals aged 50 and over
- unvaccinated individuals aged 50 and over with one or more risk factors.
You should bring a list of your medications,supplements, and over the counter medications and a list of any important medical conditions to your appointment for a clinical assessment.
If you have one or more of the following symptoms, you should immediately call 911 or go to the emergency department:
- Severe difficulty breathing (struggling for each breath, can only speak in single words)
- Severe chest pain (constant tightness or crushing sensation)
- Feeling confused or unsure of where you are
- Losing consciousness