- How to book your COVID-19 test online
- Who is eligible to book online?
Ontario residents with an OHIP card who meet the provincial testing criteria listed below. Please note: If you are an out-of-province resident or Military personnel, please call VTAC at 1-844-727-6404 to book your appointment.
You can get a COVID-19 test at an assessment centre if any of the following apply to you:
- Symptoms and exposure
- currently experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
- have been exposed to a COVID-19 positive person (if you know when you were exposed, get tested 5 days after your last exposure and stay in self-isolation. If you do not know when you were exposed, get tested right away)
- received a COVID Alert app exposure notification
- a resident or worker in a setting that has a COVID-19covid 19 outbreak, as identified by your local public health unit
- Long-term care and other congregate settings
- a worker (including support workers), visitor (including caregivers), or government inspector of a long-term care home
- a worker (including support workers), visitor (including caregivers), or government inspector of a retirement home
- a resident or worker in a homeless shelter or other congregate setting (for example, group homes, community supported living, disability-specific communities or congregate settings, short-term rehab, hospices and other shelters)
- a farm worker
- a person who identifies as Indigenous
- a person travelling into remote/isolated First Nation and Indigenous communities for work purposes
- Schools and child care
- staff working in schools (including visiting, supply and specialty teachers, bus drivers)
- staff in school boards
- staff in child care settings
- Surgery and other reasons
- need a test before a scheduled (non-urgent or emergent) surgery in a region with high community transmission (ask your health care provider)
- an international student who has passed their 14-day quarantine period
- you received a point-of-care test (such as a rapid test) and require a follow-up lab-based test to confirm results
- a person, and one accompanying caregiver, with written prior approval for out-of-country medical services from the General Manager, OHIP
- any other targeted testing group as outlined in guidance from the Chief Medical Officer of Health
- How do I book an online appointment?
- Click here to access the online booking system.
- Your next step will be to create an account for the Savience Online Booking System using your email address and a password created specifically for this online booking tool. If this is your first time signing in, select "CREATE ACCOUNT." Do not fill in the username and password.
- Complete the registration screen to create your account. Make sure you complete this accurately or it will impact the processing and receiving of your test results.
- Once you have created an an account, you will receive an email verification from email@example.com. You will then need to verify your email before you login to book your appointment. Enter your email address and password you selected for this booking system and click on "LOG IN."
- Choose the testing clinic you wish to attend.
- Answer the referral questions.
- Select an appointment slot.
- Confirm your appointment. You will get an email confirmation.
- When are the new appointment times released?
New appointment times for the following week are made available on Thursday afternoons or Friday mornings.
- How far in advance do you take bookings?
Appointments can be booked up to 11 a.m. for same-day afternoon clinics and up to 6:30 p.m. on the day prior to morning clinics.
- How do I book if I don't have an email address?
VTAC medical receptionists are happy to help. Please call 1-844-727-6404 to book by phone.
- Renfrew County Clinic Sites
91 Meehan St. Arnprior, ON
1005 Castleford Rd. Horton, ON
80 Richardson Cres. Laurentian Valley, ON (Pembroke)
117 Banting Dr. Deep River, ON
43 Astrolabe Rd. Cobden, ON
18 Billings St - Paramedic Base - Barry’s Bay, ON